Tuesday 26 March 2013

Snow. Spring. Easter.

Things are picking up here in the Independence 1st Ward! I am finally getting the lay of the land (literally) and don't get lost on my way to every address-- despite the fact that Independence has THE craziest street system. There are literally at least 6 different segments of the same street  with the same name in our area for every street.
 
We had a miracle on Sunday. It snowed 6 inches Saturday night (hello spring!) and church wasn't cancelled... basically if you wanted to come you could and if you didn't you didn't have to. So we went. It was the best. We had fast and testimony meeting and it was just a great meeting. The best part was this little kid that was like "I am so glad my cousin is here today, he isn't a member, and I want him to get the Priesthood one day" So of course my missionary ears perked up and we went and introduced ourselves to the family. The mother is returning back to church, as is her mother and she would like us to come and teach her son and daughter! So we have investigators!!!!!!! Total miracle. I'm so grateful for that little boy and this snowy Sunday. Now I can teach Sister Morris how to plan for investigators, and study for them, and teach them.
 
We also met Melanie's daughters (she was the miracle lady we met a couple of weeks ago). These girls are seriously the smartest girls I have ever met... and I have met a lot of kids. They were like "okay, let me get this straight, so if Jesus Christ was in America, why don't we know about it? Where is the evidence? How can I know?" It was so fun to teach them and they are so excited to read the Book of Mormon. This family is one of those that I have automatically fallen in love with. It's the weirdest thing on a mission you just love people, right off the bat. That's how I feel with them. I'm really excited to see how they progress.
 
Mostly I can't believe how fast time is flying. I am on the downward swing of my 5th transfer. I only have 7 left! Bah. Freaking out about that.
 
I love holidays on the mission. Christmas was the best and Easter is shaping up to be the same. I love this Mormon message by Elder Holland. It seriously gave me chills.
 
 
I am so eternally grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that he lives, and that he loves us. I know that through him all things are possible and that one day we will be able to return to live with our Father in Heaven again because of his sacrifice. I know that he is aware of the details of our lives and that his purpose and desire is to help lift us, so that we can help lift others. I am grateful for his perfect example.   I am grateful to be able to feel the love that he has for me and for others as I bear his name as his missionary. I am just so grateful for him.
 
I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and reflects on the miracle of this wonderful holiday.

No comments: