Tuesday 5 March 2013

Another Transfer...and Another Trainee?!

I never know what to title these posts... Every week is a miracle week so that is getting way too cliche (although it is true). I'm losing my clever subject line skills.
 
You would think after two study abroads and the childhood training from my mom in how to use a Thomas Guide I would be able to read a map... but something in my brain turns off when I try to think of cardinal directions. Yesterday I went on exchanges with Sister Aldous in North Kansas City and we set off on our way home and she and I got totally lost. Turns out Independence Avenue on the map is not the same as Independence, the city. So we ended up in downtown Kansas City--- 45 minutes away from the Visitors' Center, in the hood. It was quite the adventure. I think I might have been a bit more dependent on my iphone's GPS than I anticipated.
Bobbie got baptized on Friday! Bobbie's father passed away last year and I know that her baptism was really special for her and the rest of her family. We went over some of the baptismal interview questions with her before her baptism and it was so amazing to see her faith. Before we would even finish a question she would be like "Yes, I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet.... Yes! Of course God is real!" Even at age 9 she has such a powerful understanding of her Savior Jesus Christ. It has been such a blessing to see that childlike faith. I want to be more like that. Her baptism went really well. She was so happy to be dressed all in white.  She came out of the font and was like "I feel so good!" It was the best.
 
Rick is getting baptized! I don't remember if I wrote that last week. He knows that the Book of Mormon is true and cannot wait to be baptized. He quit smoking this week and has made so much progress. We had a really neat lesson with him on Friday of last week and he expressed how much peace he felt. He hadn't felt this kind of peace in years and years. It is so amazing to see how much peace comes from living the commandments of God, from trusting in Him and building a relationship with Him. It is amazing to see these people progress and to watch peace and joy enter their lives. I just love being a missionary! I would have never imagined the joy and happiness I would receive from teaching Joyce and Rick when I knocked on Joyce's door in November. Both Joyce and Rick can help each other progress in the church--Joyce has been such a good example to her brother, and honestly he has been an example to her as well. It has been such a blessing to witness their conversion to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to them them the principles of the Gospel.
 
We had "Spirit Week" in the Visitor's Center - just to mix things up a bit.  Here are some photos of some of the other missionaries I am serving with.  




So, transfers are this week on Thursday. They came up very quickly. Training calls came out last Friday and I got another call to be a potential trainer! But I am already training! So I don't know how that is going to work. I have tried thinking up all the options and I've exhausted myself so I am just not going to worry about it. There is a high possibility that I will be transferred from this area. I am super sad but also really excited about the next chapter of my mission. I have loved this area so much and the people... and I would have loved to finish training Sister Ewell! I am just hoping that I won't have to miss Rick's baptism! So I'll keep you posted on that. Transfer calls come tonight! I feel really settled about all of it though... which is so weird. I feel calm and peaceful all the time on my mission, even when I am stressed. It's great! Just goes to show you that you really have no need to stress in life. Just do your best and the Lord makes up the rest. I'm really grateful for past trials that have taught me that.

No comments: