So if you are a blog stalker, or if you just want to read about my thoughts on history (really riveting I know) take a peek... if not it's okay, I am getting points for it anyways.
Sunday, 25 January 2009
So. I have this assignment to start a blog about history, and religion and all the things we are learning in my Honors 240 class (aka... American Heritage but we get to do fun stuff). So I started a new blog because some of it could be potentially boring, but some of it is cool too. So I might put the highlights on here, or you could check it out...
Wednesday, 21 January 2009
So here I am. Back in Provo. I can't say it's lovely, but I am loving it. It's weird to be back and this whole week has been a massive learning experience. So since I like lists here is a list of all things that I have learned this week.
1. Change and I had a very big battle this week. I learned that I don't like change... and then I learned to like change, because it's definitely not going anywhere. Every semester is going to mean new friends, new classes, new places. This semester is going to be so different, I mean it already is so different, but its up to me to decide whether its a good different or a bad different.
2. The snow really can be my friend! I don't really like living in the cold or living in the snow, but I'm going to be here for awhile so I decided to like it. And now I do! I just get nice and bundled up an book it to class. Plus I got a snowboard pass to sundance, which helps to eliminate the seasonal depression.
3. I can't live in the past. I have had so much fun the past year and a half. I have met people I care so much about and I have spent four months in London, I mean really, how is Provo supposed to compare? But I know that I have so much to look forward to, its just up to me to find it. So I am going to.
4. My dad always told me about this infamous weather phenomenon called the inversion, where this gray smoggy air gets stuck covering the valley. Well its here, and its kind of disgusting.
5. Being social can be tiring... actually it is tiring. I wish I could just be a homebody and sit at home, oh wait, I do... that's called studying. So the combination of studying, playing, and making new friends is tiring. In a good sort of way.
So aside from odd weather patterns this new year is shaping up to be a good one. I have been making lots of new friends and spending time with lots of old friends. My classes are great and I am really excited for my new major. 2009 is going to be a good year.