Tuesday 21 May 2013

Transfer Talking...



Time is flying WAY too fast. Seriously. It's giving me a mild panic attack most days. I'm half way done. I wouldn't be thinking about it but for whatever reason every presentation I have taken at the VC this week has asked me how long I have left. Ugh. I don't want to think about it.

Transfers are this next week and it's mildly stressful. This is the doomsday transfer where those that go out to the other mission aren't coming back. I think I'm probably going to stay here but I know some of the sisters at the VC will probably go out and that makes me so sad because we have become such great friends. I also don't want to leave Blue Springs yet. We've been setting things up and I know we are on the brink of major miracles. I want to be there for them! I have been at the visitor center for a LONG time. Sister Sant is the only one that has me beat and she was my trainer. I am hoping to stay one more, but I could very well go full proselyting... just in time to sweat it out for summer. I do NOT do well in the heat... The hiking backpack with reservoir that my dad sent me has already come in handy. I'll probably average 2 liters of water a day.

We are still finding, finding, finding. It would be frustrating, but I'm not frustrated. I know that we have been led to many people so far and have been able to help a lot of people both in the church and out of the church, even if we don't have anyone that we are progressively teaching yet. I am very grateful for this experience though because it has helped me to develop so much faith and trust in the Lord.  This week has been a week of refining for me and I feel like I have finally been losing myself in the work more fully, which is great. I wish I had gotten here sooner, but luckily I've still got plenty of time left.

Awhile ago my sister sent me a letter that had a quote that has been my theme for this week:

I will live up to the spirit that is within me.

I love it! We can be so much greater than we are right now. I am pretty spirited at times... well most of the time. I also love it because we have unlimited divine potential within us to create and to become more like our Heavenly Father. This has been my goal this week, to become more like my Savior Jesus Christ... and to truly live up to the spirit that is within me.

No comments: