Tuesday 7 May 2013

#BS2S is the BEST

Look who came to visit!  Brother Carroll!
I had a great time showing him the visitors center!

3 of my 4 amazing companions so far...
I love my new ward! Seriously. They are the best. We are the first sisters they have had in 20 years, since 1993... weird to think that that was 20 years ago, because that was in my lifetime. Anyway. It is really fun and we have already been seeing lots of miracles. The work in this area is quite different than 1st Ward. It is a lot more affluent, so tracting isn't always the best route. We have been trying to do a lot of work with the members and so most of our time has been spent meeting members and less active members right now.
 
Sunday was great. I kind of felt like a celebrity because everyone was so excited to have us there. It makes me want to live up to the hype and set a high standard for the future sisters that come to the ward.

Well, I don't have much news other than that. I'll let you know when the miracles pan out next week. Right now we just have a lot of people we could potentially work with but no one solid.
 
I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission. I love it. So much. This week I had a rough day and it was one of those days where you just want to be mad... and I couldn't. I literally couldn't, because I am so happy! It was frustrating (haha). The restored gospel of Jesus Christ has made me so happy, and the more I learn the more I love it. I know that even the hardest moments in life allow us to become who God wants us to be. I know that he never leaves us alone and never leaves us comfortless, because he loves us. What a huge blessing that is!
 
I love this quote by Joseph B. Wirthlin: " Sometimes the very moments that seem to overcome us with suffering are those that will ultimately suffer us to overcome."
 
I have seen the greatest growth in my life from the greatest trials in my life. I have also realized that we shouldn't have any excuses. The gospel is there for us as a tool to use to help us through those things, not for another thing to be put on the "to do" list.  As I have made the Gospel of Jesus Christ a daily part of my life, part of who I am, through daily prayer and scripture study,  I have found my solace and my peace and happiness and really every good thing in my life.
 
I'm really excited to see what this next chapter of my mission has in store. I am very grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord in this great work... and I'm really grateful that I get to talk to my family this week on Mother's Day!
the weather turned from this beautiful sunshiny tulip-picking morning to...

THIS!...snow. In May. Crazy!

No comments: