Monday 15 July 2013

TRANSFERRED.

I actually left Independence. I kind of thought it would never happen, but I made a long 20 minute drive on Thursday to the Shoal Creek Valley Ward in Liberty. I am now serving at the HISTORIC LIBERTY JAIL and I am a sister trainer at the jail! What?! I am so excited to be here. It was the dream transfer. My new companion's name is Sister White and she has been out one transfer, so I am finishing up training her, but I feel like it is the other way around. She is the BEST! She is from Riverton, Utah. I don't know how I keep getting so lucky with companions.

Sister White & I (an awkward photo, but the best I have)
I kind of feel like I am on vacation right now because I haven't settled in to my new house yet and everything around is really new. The Liberty Jail is surprisingly different than the VC. We focus a lot more on the history here, rather than teaching gospel principles. We help people learn about gospel principles by teaching the history so that they can learn from the examples of those that have come before. It is really amazing and I am trying hard to live up to this wonderful place that I have the opportunity to serve.
We have investigators here! I love it! We are teaching a man named Joel that is planning to be baptized at the end of this month. He is awesome, so sincere in his desire to grow closer to the Savior and know the truth. We have been teaching a ton! Literally teaching everyone we talk to, not everyone is interested but they will talk to us and we have had some great discussions. This area is really nice... really nice... and right by the temple.
This week we had a total miracle. My grandpa passed away on Thursday and I found out Friday morning. That was pretty rough, but it strengthened my testimony of the plan of salvation so much. I KNOW that God really does have a plan for us and I know that we will see our family members again in the next life. It was amazing to know that although I miss him I could feel complete and total peace. So... the miracle... We went to go contact a part member family that had just moved into the ward. Sister White had tried a number of time, but didn't have any luck. We show up and they were home! It turns out that Heather had just lost her uncle that week and that her father was in the hospital and had sufferred a massive stroke. It was such a miracle that I was able to share with her my experiences and my testimony of what I had learned and know to be true. I don't think it was a coincidence that we were able to meet her in that moment. I can't wait to see what happens with that family!
I feel so blessed and so totally overwhelmed right now! Which is a good place to be because I feel like I have been needing a stretch and here it is. I am learning a lot. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve as sister leader. It will be really fun to apply what I have learned throughout my mission to help the Jail! My testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith has already grown so much. It is amazing to teach and testify of his experiences at the Liberty Jail and beautiful revelations given there. 
READ THEM- Doctrine & Covenants Sections 121-123... here's the link http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/121?lang=eng.
Man, I love this place. My mission is the BEST. I am realizing more and more how tailor made it is for me. My experiences, my trials, the people I have taught, and the places I have served have all been perfect.
Here's the link for my new home for the next few months.

No comments: