Wednesday 13 February 2013

Oh, hey. It's Valentines Day.



So really that title has nothing to do with my week, but it rhymed, and Valentines Day is coming up. This Valentines will be hard pressed to beat last years V-Day... The second graders know how to party. It will be a great day though because everyday is a great day, really.
 
This week has been great! Really busy and long and tiring, but great. I think that's what missionary work is. That sleeplessness that I wrote about last week didn't last very long, thank goodness. We have seen so many miracles this week! Yesterday was a perfect example. We knocked and knocked and knocked yesterday... no one was interested, everyone was rude or not home. Sister Ewell was getting a little down, I could tell. Being rejected is something that you definitely have to get used to. We had about 45 minutes left and were about to leave this apartment complex when this lady came out to smoke. I made a comment about how I like her grill... you get real good at starting random conversations as a missionary. I made some funny comments about how I didn't even know people really cooked meat in ovens because my family would always grill their meat (truth), and the conversation began. We talked to her about our missions and shared with her the Book of Mormon. She was like "oh yeah, I've been wanting to read that book!" What? Miracle! Golden. So we are meeting with her next week.
 
Then we ran into some people that were moving furniture into an apartment. We always offer to help serve but people usually take one look at my skirt and skinny arms and say no, but these people said yes! We talked to them and helped them move in. Then they let us share a message. We taught them a mini version of the Restoration, and the spirit was so strong. I was able to share with them Joseph's experience in the grove of trees when he prayed to our Father in Heaven: "I saw a pillar of light, exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me I saw two personages whose brightness and glory defy all description standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name, and said pointing to the other-- this is my beloved Son-- hear Him!" They both were like "wow, that is amazing"... they didn't even know what to say. It really is amazing. I love teaching the first lesson because it is true. Everytime I bear testimony of Joseph's Smith's experience and the power of the Book of Mormon I can feel the power of the message the we share. Christ's church has been restored to the earth! I just get so excited about it. It's the best.

Joyce is doing SO well. I love that lady so much. This week she began reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning. She LOVES it. It is so funny... she was like "Gosh, I just hate it when I get interrupted with my reading, I just love Nephi, I just want to know what happens and I can't put it down!"  
Soooo yeah, that's the week. Can you believe that I have been out almost 6 months? At then end of this transfer it will be 6. C-R-A-Z-Y.

No comments: