Sunday 7 December 2008

Chapter Eighteen

Okay so I suppose my decision to forgo the blogging until I get home didn't last long, but I was taking a break from my essays and watching Elf so I decided to multi-task and at least catch up a bit on my blogging. So here goes. The past few days... er, the past few days of last, last week. 

Regents Park:
Okay so let's start with Regent's Park. The squirrels at Regent's are the most precocious squirrels I had ever met.  I was just pretending to feed one and then he decides that it's cool to climb up my leg... like shimmy up my leg, which is not cool, when you are a squirrel, or anyone for that matter. But hey, I don't think I have rabies yet, and at least I got this awesome picture out of it. 

Squirrel on my leg!

Jane Austen's House: 
Yay for Jane Austen! And yay for her house! There is only so much to do at Jane Austen's house so I saw it, and then we went and played at this awesome park that was across the street. They had the coolest swing thing ever. If only America's parks were this cultured and awesome... I mean Jane Austen probably played there too right?


Thanksgiving! 
a.k.a. We get all dressed up and go to tea at Kensington Palace.  What could be more American?  Well probably a lot of things, but I do think it's appropriate to do something typically British while celebrating Thanksgiving in Britain.  Although this is a little late I would like to take this time to give thanks for some of the things that I am thankful for.  I can't even believe how blessed I am to be here in London.  I love everything here, the shows, the parks, the museums, the history... everything! I have learned so much here and met so many amazing people. I am so grateful for all the awesome girls (and boy) that I live with... it is so fun to live with 40 of your best friends. Not to mention all my other amazing friends that I have at home... who I miss very very much.  I am so thankful for my parents and family and for all that they have taught me, and encouraged me in everything that I do, and for helping me to go on this program.  I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.... the church makes me so happy and I don't know where I would be without it, but I am glad I don't have to find out.  I am grateful for my bed... after being run ragged every day I really understand how glorious a good night sleep is... oh and I am grateful for naps too! Okay so those are the big ones I guess. I really am just so grateful to be alive and to have so many opportunities in my life. I am so blessed in so many ways.  


1 comment:

Anna Jay said...

Oh my oh my oh my SO JEALOUS you had a moment with the squirrel. Love the pic.

(and dude, my "word verification" word is "cultess"...maybe it's because you are in a cult??)