Wednesday 26 December 2012

Merry Christmas!!

Christmas as a missionary is the BEST! Seriously. So so wonderful. Here is why:
 
1. I got to talk to my family! It was weird because it was like no time had passed and that hour seemed to go by so fast, but also seemed to last forever at the same time. weird. We were able to skype so I even got to say hi to Kwazi and Fin too! Anyone that knows my family knows how entertaining that phone call was. I'm also especially grateful that I haven't gained a bunch of pounds and look pretty much the same.
 
2. I got to open all my gifts-- and while I was excited about all my gifts, it was so meaningful to feel the love of family and friends all over the country who took the time to package up some Christmas joy and send it my way. Thank you all so much for all the packages and letters!
 
3. Visitor Center sisters are super spoiled at any holiday. I almost feel bad about it, but only almost. We have had treats coming out our ears for the past few weeks and we had a delicious Christmas breakfast yesterday morning with President Keyes. He read us a children's book he wrote. He's the best.
 
4. We went caroling with the Elders in our ward. They were a little slow to warm up but by the end of the night we had a good thing going. It was fun to join efforts with the Elders and visit all of our investigators and members of the ward. Everyone is so surprised by carolers. I want to go every year now! People eat it up!
 
5.  I found out that Katie Packer is ENGAGED! WHAT!? So exciting! Write me. ASAP.
 
6. Christmas music NON-STOP.
 
7. We were constantly able to teach and testify about the importance of the birth of our Savior. This has been the most meaningful Christmas I have ever had and I am so grateful for it! I know that he lives and that he loves us. I am so grateful for his birth, many years ago. I know that he truely brings us glad tidings of great joy.
 
In other news I think Christmas kicked in some A.D.D. tendencies because my brain was NOT functioning for about the past week. It was really hilarious because I'm already mildly awkward at times, but this just brought it to a whole new level. Sister Sant is a little worried about me. I'm blaming it on all the sugar and anticipation for Christmas, hopefully by next week I can pull myself together.
 
Our investigators are progressing really well. Mary has a baptismal date and she is so excited for it! We had two people come to church on Sunday! SO exciting. We've really had a hard time with that, but both Mary and Joyce came and really loved it.  
 
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

No comments: