Tuesday 21 October 2008

Chapter Seven

I have fallen in love... with England. It's decided... I don't know if the feeling is mutual, but I like to think it is. 

Thursday we went to Stratford Upon Avon... the birthplace of Shakespeare. It was so fun! We saw Anne Hathaway's cottage and the place where Shakespeare was born.   We seem to visit a lot of houses where someone or other is born... frankly I don't really like thinking about the fact that they were born there.  We tried to see Shakespeare's grave but the church closed right before we got there.  We did see this pretty rainbow though! 

Holli, Sara and I being Shakespearean in front of Shakespeare's home. 

Rebbie and I in this hut. You go in there if you are suffering from unrequited love... I don't know if I am suffering from unrequited love, actually I know that I am not... but since Spenser's on a mission I think that that might count :) 
We finished up the night with a performance of Love's Labors Lost by the Royal Shakespeare Company.  The show was amazing... I really have never seen a better Shakespeare show, which isn't surprising since they are supposed to be the best in the world.  It was the best way to end my lovely Stratford shakespearience. 

Yesterday was a super fun/wonderful/stressful day. We went to St. Paul's Cathedral. I LOVE St. Paul's.  I love the outside. I love the inside.  I love the sparkely mosaics.  I love the whispering gallery, and the all the stairs up the tippy top of the Cathedral.  I have always had this odd fetish for architecture and houses... I would read the Sunday house sales and everything. Anyways I guess that's why I love the architecture here, St. Pauls may be my favorite. We have been learning about the Baroque architecture, which makes it more fun too! I am a nerd. Anyways we trekked up like 500 stairs to get to the top.  The view was so worth it.  I loved it. 

Holli and I on the steps of St. Pauls. It's kind of massive and huge, so its hard to get the whole thing in the picture.

Hello lovely London. 

No comments: